Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bonjour et Salvete!

     After much debating, coaxing and complaining, I decided it's time to post my teaching experiences online.  I am fortunate enough to teach next door to Cynthia Hitz, who owns the Teaching Spanish w/Comprehensible Input blog.  I say fortunate because without her to bounce ideas off of, on a daily (and sometimes hourly) basis, I would probably still be happily copying worksheets, writing verb conjugation charts, and pulling out my hair every time my students had to write in the language.
     Mind you, teaching with TPRS (Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling)  and CI (Comprehensible Input) does not make my day like a piece of cake. I struggle daily with the following issues: classroom management, student engagement, workload (I have 4 preps (well, 5 if you count my single French V student when I have her do different activities than the IV kids)), switching between 2 languages and variety. However, even with these struggles, I know more about my students than ever before. I feel like I have a better connection to them and their lives than I ever have before.  And I don't rip out my hair when I ask them to write in the language. 
    I hope that this blog enables me to vent about my failures as well as flaunt my successes.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment